Wednesday, September 9, 2009

WAITING

Nothing is more annoying than having to wait for someone or something. Time crawls when having to wait.

Today I was running after a story when time was crawling and mocking at me.
I went to the dzongkhag because i was suppose to meet the chief judge there but my luck, his office was on the other side of the river. I put my hand into my bag to call the driver but curse my luck, i had forgotten my cell phone in the office.
I went into one of the office and asked if i could make a call. Thanks to kind uncle Tawachu I called my office and asked my friend to send my cell with the driver. she said she would do it.

i went outside the gate of the dzongkhang and waited for the driver to come with my cell. I waited and waited and waited.
I waited more than an hour. had i walked back to office i would have reached by then but i waited. (i can be stupid at times).
I waited so long that i met a women who shared her story of coming to the court with me. I asked her if she had a cell so that i could call again but my luck she did not. she left her cell in the car and the car was not there. Finally i asked the policeman at the gate if i could use his cell but he had left it in the office to charge it. curse my luck more.

after a while a man came with a woman to the court. the woman went inside while he stayed back in the car reading a newspaper.the new friend i met suggested i ask him for his cell. at first i said i will wait a little longer because he looked serious. she insisted and I gathered my guts and asked. luckily he gave me his cell. i made a call again and thanked him.
waited for half an hour more (during which i cursed quit a lot of people) before the driver came with my cell. I said bye to my new friends and went on to the other side of the river.

I asked my driver to wait till i finished my duty but since it was getting late he said he would return later. i agreed. I was suppose to meet the chief judge but he was entertaining some guest inside (that is what his PA told me). I waited for another half an hour there but seemed like his guest would not come out. i began to lose my patience but his PA was not going to send me in.

I though i would go back but after waiting for so long i at least expected my work to be done. So i took the risk of calling the judge on his cell. luckily he said i could come in. I told the PA i called him and he has asked me to come in, she said i could go.
the judge was talking to a blue scarfed man i did not know who he was. not one of the elected MPs of course. he directed me to his Registrar and my job with his was over even within a minute. I went to the registrar and there waited for ten minutes. after all waiting ten minutes was not a problem. My business with his was over within a few minutes.

I called my driver to come and then my driver said he was on his way. but he made me wait for another half an hour again.

No comments:

Post a Comment