Thursday, November 18, 2010

Collecting memories


When life takes twists and turns nothing is left except for memories. So the saying goes leave nothing but footsteps, take nothing but memories.

There is however ways to keep memories, I call it collecting memories.
I have had a lot of hobbies ever since a kid, my hobbies changed as I grew up and now I am left with some stupid ones.

When younger I collected stones, earrings, rings and then switched to collecting stamps, coins and then to letters, soft toys, pictures and then there was a time when I used to write down messages sent to me by my boyfriends.

My mother threw away my collection of stones, I lost the letters but I still have the coins, stamps, soft toys, pictures and I recently tore away the messages I had collected.

We have bad and good memories and I like to keep just the good ones. Of course some the messages were good memories because it reminded me of the time and the feels I felt those days. Funny, that these mean nothing to me anymore because the feelings have been substituted, and time has moved on. Memories replaced too.
I still remember where I got some of the coins and stamps from but any my soft toys were given to me by my loved ones so they have a memory each. Memories of birthday, valentine’s day, and many special occasions.

Pictures capture memories and that is one of the best ways to collect memories. Songs also refresh memories of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment