Sunday, December 26, 2010

You have gained weight!




Lately I have been gaining a lot of weight which has been distracting me a lot because the clothes I wear do not fit me well. And I get exhausted after I walk a mile.

There are a lot of other factors that prove that I have really put on weight and the most accurate prove is my mirror.

Every morning I look at my mirror and the mirror looks at me. I can see that the girl in the mirror has chubby cheeks and a big belly (so unlike me) but I know mirrors do not lie. I have tried exercise but my laziness could not cope up with it. Then I tried dieting, but my craving for food could not put up with that too. So I finally decided that I don’t want to try anything and let nature decide for me.

After all I ate the same amount of food earlier and I was as lazy as now and I still was thin.

But my weight does disturb me most of the time and to add on that every time I meet an old friend or someone I know they always comment on my weight. “You have gained weight,” say some while there were others who say I have become fat.

A foreigner friend of mine truly said that Bhutanese are very rude because all they ever do is comment on each other’s weight even if they are meeting after a long gap. It was true and I realized I was also doing the same. It was true that whenever two friends met the first conservation they started with was weight. “Hey you have put on weight,” is then followed with other conversation such as how have you been and others.

After my friend told me this I started being conscious of what I said to my friend the first time I met them. I know how I feel when others tell me I have become fat so I don’t want other to feel the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment