Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Death the ultimate thing

I am sure that there are accidental and unnatural deaths everyday but these deaths either go unnoticed because it happens outside the country, or in a remote place or because a single person dies.

It is only when a group of people die that they get the nation’s attention but there is nothing much that can be done except mourn.

Firstly the death of the six boys which was avoidable then the death of 13 people in an earthquake which was unavoidable and lately the death of 18 in the Nepal crash followed by nine deaths in a bus accident.

All the news about deaths makes me think if that is the ultimate truth of life. Once a human, turns into a handful of dust within no time. I wonder if the world will change after my death or if I will ever be missed. Life will just go on for others and people will talk about me only for a while and I will be forgotten with time.

We Buddhist believe in rebirths and sometimes I wonder what I will be reborn as. It will be an entirely new life with new surroundings and new relatives but what if we are born to the same family? The thought excites me.

No comments:

Post a Comment