Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Freedom of speech

People normally do not exercise their right to speak at the right time. Freedom of speech is practiced only when one has something good to say about the government or any cases.The moment you ask someone about something controversial no one wants to speak.


Recently I was following a story and the story could be told by many sides but no one even wanted to speak because the case was sensitive. There were two people involved in a fight in Paro and one of them reported the other to the police and he was therefore detained for one night. The police then asked them to compromise but the man who was detained refused and said he will meet at the court. The complainant's father is an influential person.

I called up the man who was detained but he said that since his case is in the court he will not be able to give me any comments. I called the complainant and he said he will get back to me and took my number, he never called. When i called him again he never answered my calls. I called the court officials and they said the case has not yet reached there. I called the police SP and he said he was not even aware of the case.

where is the freedom of speech gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment