Thursday, April 21, 2011

Compromises

A close friend of mine asked me why I was making compromises on my boy friend. Firstly this came as a shock to me and secondly I did not know how to answer her.

It took me a few seconds to think about it and truthfully speaking, I still could not figure out how to answer her. "May be because I love him?" I finally said. But my answer was not convincing enough for her. I could't even convince myself let alone her.

However, I kept stressing on the "Love." Was I making compromises I though, unable to answer myself I turned to my friend and asked her instead. "What makes you think, I am making compromises?

She confidently said she know. Just because he is divorced and a father of a son, my friends think I am compromising in life.

Well, my thoughts do not match with theirs then. He keeps me happy and I don't think that I am compromising because the ultimate thing that matters is happiness. It is no use being with someone with less baggage but who does not keep you happy is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment