Monday, August 13, 2012

A small way of giving back to the society

GyG members
One day after work, a friend invited me for a cup of coffee, I accepted the offer and went to his office (which is nearby). It had been long since I met him, so we had lots of things to talk about. We walked to his office canteen and he asked me sit, while he ordered coffee.

There were other people sitting in the room and they smiled, I smiled back. After a while my friend came back with another friend (our common friend). I was happy to see him too.

We were sitting and suddenly one of the person there said, we should start our meeting now. he asked each of us to introduce ourselves. I was confused and said I had just come for tea. My friends insisted that I should introduce myself and I did.

Later I found out that they were discussing on forming an international youth group in Bhutan. Nothing could be resolved that day, so the meeting concluded with the decision to meet again.

I though, I could be of some help so I accepted to come again.

The next meeting, had more people come and attend, and during that it was confirmed that opening an international youth group in Bhutan would be difficult.

There was many follow up and some people stopped coming but there were others others who joined. Finally we came up the group Go Youth Go (GyG).

Today GyG is doing a lot of things, from engaging the youth, entertaining patients, social services and cleaning campaigns. I had always wanted to do something for the society and GyG gives me the right platform to do so.

GyG is not just a group, but we are more like a family.


1 comment:

  1. A small step is the beginning of a long and adventurous journey! keep up with the good work that u guys are doing! thanks!

    ReplyDelete