Monday, August 6, 2012

The crazy pedestrain day

Ever since the government has declared every Tuesdays as pedestrian day, I have not complained and walked as an obedient citizen.

I even shared my views with  a weekly paper stating that it is good to walk and that if government had built safer roads more pedestrians would be there.

I heard a lot of people complain about the day but I always though it was not so bad until today. I have an office guest who has to be dropped to Paro. The guest has been kept in a hotel in town so we had to get a permission from the police for movement of our vehicle on the P Day.

On Monday, I went to the SP's office of the traffic division but he was not in his office so I approached the OC with my application. The OC said they never give movements to vehicles for guest and that we should go to Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB). The TCB did not give us once since we are not a tour agent. We went from pillars to post but we did not give up.

Finally we got the movement letter, now I understand when people complain 

2 comments:

  1. i will never vote for this government again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't experienced The Pedestrian Day Yet but I think, it sure is a disaster. Good that you made it through.

    ReplyDelete