Sunday, November 1, 2009

journey to the EAST

Recently I went to the eastern part of bhutan to some of the remote places too and I realized what comfort and luxuries life we lead in the capital.

Although some of the villages i visited did not have electricity and people lived in darkness there was something that glowed. Their nature and their innocence. The people there are so innocent and not materialistic at all, they help each other in a community unlike in Thimphu where people do not even know their own neighbors.

I went and slept in a couples house, forget about knowing them I was meeting them for the first time. But the hospitality they showed and the way they made me feel at home cannot be expressed. Would people in the west allow a stranger to sleep over?

Sometimes I feel it is good that all parts of Bhutan has not developed equally or we would have lost the small portion of innocent people.

No comments:

Post a Comment