Wednesday, November 4, 2009

learning from a stranger

It was around 12 pm and the date was October 28. I was looking for a vehicle to go to Gyelposhing from Mongar (almost a journey of an hour). Many taxis went by but all were packed. I walked a few meters and saw two old men talking.

I joined their conversation and talked with them as I had no other thing to do rather than waiting for a vehicle. The two men said they would stop a vehicle for me and surely right after five minutes a young man was passing that way. One of the old man stopped the vehicle and asked where the vehicle was heading. Lucky the vehicle was also going to Gyelposhing and it had a empty seat in front. The back seats were packed with goods for sale.

I thanked the old men and got going. The young man just asked me about my work and after that he was doing all the talking. I just nodded and smiled because he did all the talking.

He said he was uneducated but his talks made sense. He talked of the recent disaster, about families and bonds and lot of other things. "Man this guy can really talk," I thought to myself.

Of the various things he talked about he said something about going after our own dreams and that we have to make the effort yourself. he put it this way; somethings are made for us but it wont come to us easily until we make the effort of getting it. this lines really inspired me and was thinking about it when we reached Gyelposhing.

I thanked him and he went his way and I mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment